Welcome to LiveAndLearn Forums!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

changing the sell/buy prices in the shops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: changing the sell/buy prices in the shops   Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello Honored Admins and fellow jailbirds,
For just in case you don't know me I am 2zacky and I am an entrepreneur. I recently did a study on the best LP (money) making methods for our lovely server. It turns from my studies that the best money making method for my current level (Alpha) that the best money making method is tree chopping. Allow me to demonstrate my findings.

If you use an unenchanted iron pickaxe and/or axe here is the amount of LP you will receive for using that item to its fullest.
(Note: the prices given are as follows (the amount of LP earned - amount for pickaxe/ axe = approx total money earned)

Woodcutting: 361 LP per axe
Cobble mining: 183.5 LP per pick (coal included)
Dirt mining: 125.5 LP
Brick mining: 321 LP (iron included)

Now I do not know about your personal opinions, but I feel that if I spend 10.000 LP to get a rank then I should increase my profit margin too so that I can obtain 50,000 LP faster, but not in a way that makes ranking up easy. This is my personal opion and I hope that it is yours too.

Now, what should we do to fix the economy? Its simple we need to inflate the prices of the items because of the limited amount of LP they give and the fact that they are just not worth collecting (but we do not want to over do it). I suggest that we inflate cobble to .75 LP per piece, dirt to 1 LP per piece, and finally brick to 1.75 per piece (Note that the buy price would also rise so that the economy can still sustain itself).

I have presented you with my argument and my solutions to the problem if you have any issues with what I have said or would like to add to our solution I am happy to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by 2zacky on Thu May 24, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VirtualNick
Admin
Admin

Location : I am an entity on the internet and have no material form.

PostSubject: Re: changing the sell/buy prices in the shops   Tue May 22, 2012 7:58 pm

HI! Thanks you for your post, it was very informative. I have taken your advice to heart and adjusted the price of brick. Brick is now 1.5 to sell and 3 to buy. With this change, according to your calculations, the average pick will now result in 481.25 LP. I kept the others prices consistent. Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you on the server!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveandlearn.forumotion.com
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: changing the sell/buy prices in the shops   Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 am

Thank you for your consideration and change of the item prices

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edit:

I thank you for changing the prices, but i noticed something. As mentioned in my study I also added the price of the iron ore that I got (an average of 3 per trip) and i have noticed that I was very lucky during my trip and I would like to present some facts
(All studies were conducted with an unenchated iron pickaxe). An iron pick will mine 248 brick per pick.

Full brick mine at 1.5 per brick: 372 LP
With iron: approx: 430 LP
With cost of pickaxe: approx: 355 LP profit per pick

Full brick mine at 1.75 per brick: 434 LP
With iron: approx: 490 LP
With cost of pickaxe: approx 415 LP

Now if you really want the current price of brick to be around 481.5 profit (not including cost of pickaxe) then i would suggest moving the price to 1.75 as I mentioned in my previous post.

I am only presenting this evidence to help make your previous statement accurate and I fully understand if you no longer want to inflate the cost of brick.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changing the sell/buy prices in the shops   

Back to top Go down

changing the sell/buy prices in the shops
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1