Welcome to LiveAndLearn Forums!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
tanner steam DRac44
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Nations At War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
blue_minotaur
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am

i think you expanded on his example stim Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 am

1. I go to the food market and get some extra food for my travles (about 3 days worth, for just in case).

2. I go to the potion shop and get some healing pots and basic medicines/ ingredients to work with during my studies.

3.I go to the book store to get some books on apocrathy (art of making potions), beasteology (study of animals, mostly wolves for me), and healing spells. The books made with a special ink that can only be revealed by arcane magic.

4. I continue on with my day go back to the church and go through my daily routine as a cleric. After I retire to my chambers and rest for the night wondering if I will have that strange dream again. says to himself "These strange dreams have become to frequent I have prayed for understanding, but my prayers seem unanswered, maybe I should start to keep a dream log."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat May 26, 2012 3:53 pm

2zacky shows the correct format of a reaction.

stim, u seem to forget that that was an EXAMPLE, not the actual situation. Also, at the moment u have no weps.

Il will post the response to ur situations after. Plz ready zackys and follow his format

RackoLamb followed it somewhat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thehobonator
Beta
Beta

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm

hobo

1. i go work and get some money.
2.i go to the hunter emporium and load up on some arrows
3. i go get 2 days worth of food at the market
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue_minotaur
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm

My old post was a bit embarrassing. I revamped it. Tell me if you'd like my posts to be more like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stimlime
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 pm

I would first get a two-day worth of food in the food market, for 3 Crowns and 2 ram. Now I was left with 4 Eagles, 2 Crowns, and 8 Rams in my pocket. I will go work 44 hours, and sleep 4 hours before the Academy starts. In my pocket now I have 15 Eagles, 35 Crowns.I went to the Potion Shop to go grab some potions that will buff me with strength, power, and health, which costed 23 Crowns. Now that I was ready for the Academy I decided to visit the Armour/Weapon store, I sold my old rusty cheap Armour for 2 Crowns, and got my new armour which was brand new and fresh for 1 Eagle and 2 crowns. In the weapon store Black Smith Joe liked my personality so he made a custom two-handed sword for me for 4 Eagles and 12 crowns. This sword called "Timeless Nibleheim" which has special effects that allows me to use rage, when my health is lower than 35%.
Now that I'm left with 10 Eagles, buff-up Potions, fresh set of Amour, and my Two-handed sword 'Timeless Nibleheim' I'm ready for Academy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Day 1 pt 2   Mon May 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Directed to Stimlime
You are only chosing for this day not for the whole time so this is your actions

You spend the next 30 min bartering with the butcher, baker, and preserved food clerk to get some lower prices and manage to buy 2 days worth of food leaving your funds at 5 eagles, 2 crowns, 28 rams. You then work for the enxt 4 hours upping ur purse to 6 eagles, 5 crowns, 28 rams. You then enter the blacksmith's place and purchase a decent 2 handed great sword for 3 eagles and 2 crowns, leaving you at 3 eagles, 3 crowns, 28 rams. As you walk out, you see a tough looking mercenary wearing a set of what looks to be religious armor dedicated to Ra. You debate wether or not to inquire about it but walk away, not being very religious yourself. As you head back home with your freshly bought supplies, you ponder what other things you can do to prepare and say goodbye to this homely town that you spent your life growing up in.

The armor you see, sword not included.
(See group post to know what are your options)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directed to Blue
Nice job with format and creation in your response, in future, all people should respond like this.

You work for 4 hours raising your funds to 6 eagles, 8 crowns, 30 rams. You proceed to enter the blacksmith as a young man holds the door open for you. You grunt your thanks and walk in, seeing a religious warrior already talking to the store clerk. You wait patiently for him to leave then speak to the cloak about a set of armor that would cover your whole body. "But sir!", he responds, "You have such a powerful build! Wouldn't a man of your strength prefer to show it off?" "Listen kid," you respond, "If you looked like me you would hide yourself too, now just find me something comfortable, protective, and covering for me..." The boy runs off and comes back with a hooded and caped set of dark blue armor. You pay for that, reducing your funds to 3 eagles, 2 crowns, 20 rams. As you pay, you notice out of the cornor of your eye a golden, glittering claw. You inquire about it to the boy and he responds "Sir has a fine taste in weaponry! Those are the mighty claws of Ra, or so my master tells me so. Forgeries have been made in the past but my master says this is genuine!". You think to yourself and remember the tales of the mighty deathclaws and their mighty weapons, and wish that you too, could be admired in such a way. The claws seem to draw you towards them but you resist, thinking it way too expensive. After further questioning you find the price to be 80 Eagles and 10 crowns. You have never wanted something more in your life but you know you will never be able to afford such a thing. In the depths of your mind you are already formulating plans to get those claws... You walk out, your mind still on the claws and enter the potion shop where you half heartedly decline the potion girls consistant hints about coming back later for "Special" potions. You purchase health potions leaving your funds at 2 eagles, 20 rams. Walking out, you facepalm as you forgot to buy food. You figure you still have tomorrow and make the slow journey home, still thinking about...those...CLAWS!

Imagine their 2 of em...
Check the group post to see what you can do from here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directed to 2zacky

You head down to the food market and buy 3 days of food, lowering your funds to 5 eagles, 1 crown. 20 rams. You head to the potion shop and buy healing potions and medicine ingredients, while listening to the potion girl complain about how guys dont pay her any attention. You pay for your things leaving your money at 5 eagles, 5 rams. You then go to the book store and buy some books on apothracy(FYI, i knew what this meant but thanks for telling others), beastology, and in the cornor you find a old dusty volume on ancient arts of healing. You inquire further about it and the clerk gives you a brief history lesson on how the romans believed in witchcraft over conventional medicines. "This book contains very tempermental healing spells, but does have a few well known and good working ones. If i were you, i'd be carefull using those spells." You pay for your books leaving yo uwith 3 eagles, 2 crowns. You then walk out and head home, facepalming as you forgot to do your duties as cleric today! There is still time yet but a religious warrior passes you wearing a symbol on his armor that you don't recognize, unusual as you knwo most of them. You mean to ask him about it but he hurries away.

Directed at Hobo

You walk over to the work station and, after being shunned by some employers for your known reputation as a thief, assassin, and the fact that you smell, are hired and paid reluctantly by a cloaked man in the corner. Your funds are now at 5 eagles, 8 crowns, 30 rams. You enter the hunter emporium and purchase some arrows, while listening intently to the scholar who works there about how he figured out how to enchant and enhance arrows and add abilities to them. You figure youll talk to him later or maybe steal his notes. He asks you if you need a bow and you remember the bow you made that still works find and you repsond in the negeative. You pay, reducing your funds to 5 eagles, 30 rams. As you walk out you see on display daggers that seem to be made of night. You ask the scholar about them and he says "If my records show correctly, those are the fabled daggers of the night, known as Darklight by those of TroGladius. My master, who owns this shop, says they are his most prized posesions and only he has the knowledge to sell or take them out of their casing." You walk out with the daggers fresh in your mind. Something about them awokened the pimal beast inside you and a want, stronger than anything arises in you to seize those daggers by any. means. necessary. You halfheardetly argue with the food mart sellers as you buy 2 days worth of vittles leaving you at 4 eagles, 2 crowns, 10 rams. You head back home, your mind still fresh on the daggers and the cloacked man who you have never seen before in this town...

Think of 2

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Day 1 part 2.2   Mon May 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Directed at RackOLamb

You go to the food market and purchase 2 lambchops, putting your funds at 4 eagles, 1 crown, 25 rams. You go to the bookstore and find an experienced wizard there who would gladly enchant your lambchops to stretch and enhance their durability. You thank him as you pay him, leaving you with 2 eagles, 20 rams, and ignore his stares at you, as he thinks how insane you are... You spend the next 4 hours working your butt off chasing a flock of lost lambs, enhancing your hate for them. At the end of the day as you walk home counting your cash, 3 eagles, 3 crowns, 20 rams, and think what can you do before you have to go home. (Your stupidity makes you forget you need food for the journey. Maybe youll remember)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directed at EndlessKreeper

You go down to the food market and toter yourself into the alchohol area. You purchase a glass battle of vodka, being a very strong alchohol, it reduces your funds to 3 eagles, 4 crowns, and 28 rams. You go to the store where you find a man walking out with, Lambchops?!?! You shake your head as you approach the senior wizard and ask him to enchant your vodka to be never ending and increase the alchohol content. He says it will cost much, as botemless drinks are very expensive, at a 50 eagle cost. You ask him about maybe tripleing the amount of vodka your bottle can hold and he says thats doable. You pay him and walk out with 1 eagle, 20 rams, YOur vodka now being mroe alcaholic and your bottle able to hold 3x more. You ignore the wizards mutterings of "weird folks" and continure on your way home, merrily singing Ой, Мороз, Мороз! (Oh! Frost, Frost!) as you think what else you can do on this wonderful night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue_minotaur
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Mon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

you dare doubt a minotaurs ability to find and eat anything and everything?!??!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 pm

No but i don think eating ur companions will set a good impression when you get to the academy...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue_minotaur
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 pm

.... alright point taken... eating people may not leave a good impression...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 pm

So where is the "group post" where we can see what we choose to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: -Facepalm-   Tue May 29, 2012 9:57 pm

-Facepalm- i forogt about that lol i had to study for SAT's this saturday... here it is

As you walk across the bridge towards your home, you feel a tug at the back of your brain, and you realize you still have time to do two more things before going back home for dinner (See previous post for decisions, They're the same as the last situation). For some of you, that means you can check out those items you saw that you were so mesmerized by. For others, it might mean doing your duties in certain places. And yet, for others it might mean catching up with your childhood friend who you will probably never see again. She's only a couple of houses down and you could hope for more than just a hug goodbye. Or you could venture on home and see what awaits you in the dark alleyways as you pass by...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thehobonator
Beta
Beta

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 pm

hobo

i sneak into the shop were i saw the sword. i knock the sotrekeeper out for a good 2 hours and lock the doors. i reach into the case and steal it, running out through the back door. i go see my childhood friend and i return home for dinner happily satified and ready to eat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

1. I decided that I would be neglecting my duties if I went back into town for more supplies, so I rush back to the monastery and finish my duties in a neat and timely manner.

2. In the end I go to the High Cleric for the usual ritual ceremonies, a conffession, and a blessing for my trip.

3. The night before my trip I am unable to go to sleep for the longest time since I am pondering the strange occurrences of today and the strange dream I had last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EndlessKreeper
Gamma
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Topol
So I go and finish my duties then after I am done that all good Russians need a dinner so I rush home and eat my quite large dinner. After that I go for a walk singing А мороз, мороз!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RackOlamb
Epsilon
Epsilon

Location : In the great new World order war of the minotaurs and elfs

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Thu May 31, 2012 9:08 pm

RackOLamb

1. As i feel a tug at my brain i realize I have time to do do 2 more things. "By ODINS BEARD" I forgot to get food i went to the supermarket for my lamchops.
2. I rush to the supermarket looking like a crazy, drunk sprinting fool and finally buy about 3 days worth of food.
3. I walk home and look through all the mysteries pathways that lead to my house hoping i would find something worth my time and possibly help me in the academy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blue_minotaur
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 pm

I sigh heavily not being able to get the thought of those claws out of my head. I stride down the road (getting the same odd stares) when I stop in front of an all too familiar street. I start walking down the street as I think of the girl that lives there. Her name is Tammy. She somehow always knows how to make me smile, and is the only human that I actually like. She is a fairly short girl, and although only being 2 years short of heading to the academy herself, she has terrible control over her magic powers. But she does possess a knack for healing magic. It's essentially the only type of magic that she can use that doesn't cause some sort of disaster. I walk towards her families cottage. It's a fairly small house, but so are most houses in the area so it fits in perfectly. I knock roughly on the door a few times and wait. Not long after her older brother slowly opens the door, and peers around the corner. He gives me a look of disgust, and hurries back inside. I can hear him bellow "Tammy!! Your monster's here!!" I growl slightly, but control myself. Tammy opens the door and her face lights up when she see's me. "Blue!" she bellows as she jumps at me. I catch her body with ease and hold her up as she burrows her head into my shoulder. "I missed you Blue" she whispers.
"I know" I whisper as I lightly rub her back.
"You're going away so soon and you don't visit until now?" she ponders
"I'm sorry" I say with a tone of deep regret. "I've been extremely busy, and just couldn't make it"
"It's alright" She says. "I can't believe you're actually heading to the academy.
"I know" I say "I can barely believe it myself.
"Her face gets even brighter as she let's out an excited shriek. "Blue!! Tonight's the night!!!"
"What night?" I ask
"The night the fire lilies blossom. You remember our spot right?"
How could I forget about the fire blossoms? The fire blossoms are a flower that only bloom once every 5 years. There's an old cave up on a mountain where i used to hide a lot of the time. That's actually where Tammy and I first met.
"Of course I remember where it is" I say as i give her a reassuring smile.
"Alright" she says "get there right at midnight" I place her down gently and begin to walk away
"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I bellow.

As I begin to make my way back to my home I begin thinking of the claws again. "If only i could make a lot of money fast" I mumble to myself. That's when i remember the old alleys on the way back to my house. "Well i guess it's lucky i have to go through the bad part of town on the way home" I smirk to myself. "maybe i'll get lucky, and one of the petty thieves managed to hit it big" I begin to get excited and begin running towards the old ally's of the town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 pm

If Stimlime Doesnt reply by the end of 6/2 he will be removed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Id just like to dedicate this reply to blue for having the best damn creativity i have ever seen. FYI, if you put more detail and effort into replying -cough- RACKOLAMB -cough- then you may win things regardless of your performance

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Directed to Blue
Again, great reply.

The ghost of your smile hovering on your face as you slowly walk through the dark alleyways. You slowly pace your way from street to street, the soft thump of your furred feet hitting the pavestone. You turn the cornor slowly and see 2 thieves trying to pick the lock of a backdoor to one of the shops. Something about that shops seems familier but you cant place it. You hunker down as they break the door and go on. You slowly walk over to the side of the door, crouch down and wait. After you hear the soft tinkling of money and weopens being thrown in a bag, you hear a loud CRASH! You hear the rushing of footsteps out the door. As the first thiefs foot appears at the door you swiftly place your self infront of the door, having him run into you, with his companion holding the bag right behind him.
"Evening gentlemen." You say as you grab their heads and bash them together, knocking them out cold.
"Have fun in jail when the guards find you." you say as you grab the bag, stow it under your cloak, and walk away.

As you rush home with your loot, you grab the dinner plate from the table and take it up to your room where you dump the contents of the bag onto your bed. You count an astounding 30 eagles, 20 crowns. You also see some throwing knives, a talisman of some sort, and at the bottom of the bag, you see something gold glitter in the darkness of your room.
"Could it be...?!" You muse as you pull it out, you are blinded by the glowing aura of the same pair of claws you were admiring this morning.
"No way..." You mutter as you take out the 2nd claw and gaze at them admirengly. You slip both claws on your paws and they fit perfectly. You reach to grab the bag, but as you touch it, it rips as the claw makes contact. It appears that these claws are so powerful and sharp that it makes it almost impossible to hold things with it. You also see ancient writings carved into the sides of the claws and wonder what magics these things could possibly hold. You hold up your hand to your face and slowly look for some writings that you recognize. You see a saying that you vaguely remember from childhood in the ancient language.

"Bʼaşyẕn myyn hʻnt" you repeat as you read the incanation off the claws. All of a sudden, a soft blue aura sourounds the claws and you again reach for the bag, sucesfully picking it up without damaging it.

You have discovered how to coat your claws with magic that allows them to function as your normal hands, able to lift things up and put them down (lol) without damaging anything.

You quickly make slots in your armor that let you keep the claws on you at all times without fear of thieves. You stash away the other loot under your bed, and add the money to your pouch.

Its almost midnight and you are afraid of being late for your "meeting" with Tammy. You trudge out again and feel the coll night air hit your face as you being the walk to the old cave in the mountains, anxious to see Tammy again.

Blue ill leave this part up to you. Just say after your done either you "Spend the night" with Tammy or you come back home to sleep

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Directed to hobo

You stealthily leap across the roofs of the buildings and land on top of the shop with the DAGGERS, not SWORD, and jump down the chiminey, landing quitley as you crouch walk to the display case. You freeze as you hear a loud snore from the desk. You creep your way up to see the owner of the shop with his head on the desk, fast asleep. You allow yourself a small smile as you think this will be easier than you thought. You head over to the display and think of a way to get the 2 daggers out, when you realize that this is one of the most advanced locks you have ever seen. Only the strongest of warlocks can perform such a feat to lock this area. The lock is specially designed so the only way to unlock it is imprinted in the owners brain, and there is no way to get it unelss you kill them and acess their memories or their brain. You creep up behind the master and, after a seconds hesitation, free the bottle of poison from your cloak and pour it down his throat. He wakes up with a start and lashes out at you but you dive to the side. He staggers towards you, grips his stomach as the poison takes affect, and collapses on the floor, dead. You pick his body up, drag him back to his seat, take his bottle of wine and splash some on him, and begin to search his memory using a handy talisman you stole sometime ago. After figuring out how to open it, you open the case and take the daggers, replacing them with wooden copies painted black. You climb up the chimeny and jump all the way home across the roofs. You fashion a leather holster to hold the daggers, one on your hip and one diagonally acrossed your back.

Your person isnt actually a girl, just pay attention to the dagger positioning on her shoulder and hip.
You head downstairs for a meal with your parents then come backupstairs to find a note on your bed that you didnt notice before.
Its a small piece or parchment with the words "We know" and a picture of a dragons head sourounded in blood. You smell the sharp metalic scent of blood as you realize that the note itself is painted using blood. You quickly throw it away and lay down on your bed shivering at the thought, sleeping with one eye open.

See the group post to know what to do.

Last edited by 15mtsoi on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:33 pm

stupid forum resizing my pictures, i apoligize for the size.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Directed at 2zacky

You rush to the monastery and complete your duties as cleric. After finishing you go to the High Priest for usual rituals, confessions, and a blessing for your trip. As you walk out, you see a young man in religious armor walk in. You step aside to let him in as you take note of his unique symbol on his chestplate. It is one that you don't recognize, and considering your knowledge in the religious filed, you know quite alot. You tap him on the shoulder.
"excuse me good sir, i couldn't help but wonder what symbol is that on your armor?"
His deep bass voice, suprising for one so young, responds "Not many do. This is the holy armor of Ra. I aquired this armor in Ra's sacred temple."
"Ah, thank you for telling me this"
"You are welcome good cleric"
He walks away and further into the monastery.

You head home for dinner and lie down in your bed to get a good nights rest, as you only have 1 more day before you leave for the academy.

See the general post for what to do

Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Directed at Topol/EndlessKreeper

You finish your duties then go home and eat a hearty dinner. You walk out of your house to stroll the night singing А мороз, мороз! in a slightly drunk voice. As you wander the streets and remember all the good times you had as a kid here, You feel a sharp object pressed against your back. "Money. Drop it. Now." you hear a muffled voice behind you.
You slowly turn around to find a person (You cant tell gender) holding a knife to your chest.
"Drop your damn money purse on the ground and back away slowly."
You slowly reach into your cloak and draw out your money purse.
"Good now throw it on the ground and walk away, noone needs to get hurt tonight"
"Comrade," You slur drunkenly "Never, mess with a drunk russian"
You throw the money purse at him, as your coins fly everywhere, you grab his wrist and twist it roughly. Hearing a snap and his scream of pain as it breaks, you grab the knife and swiftly hold it an inch from his neck.
"Now YOU give me your money and you wont get hurt tonight"
You feel the person shaking as they withdraw quite a heavy purse and drop it, turn around, and run screaming.
You gather the money, your money on the floor, and run back home before the Guard shows up.
You count your money. Your funds now rest at an impressive 30 Eagles, 40 Crowns, 50 bulls.
You lie in your bed as you lock away your money and fall into a calm sleep.

See the group post for what to do next.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nations At War   

Back to top Go down

Nations At War
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next