Welcome to LiveAndLearn Forums!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zurwickwashere
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 pm

guys i played minecraft the next day my comp has a virus it sayed i copyrighted and the fine was $200 i dont fix my comp play on a diff one and i played minecraft next day samething happened thats why i havent been on Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snyp3r_Vip3r
Epsilon
Epsilon

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Punctuation. Use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zurwickwashere
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm

I SHALL NOT USE PUNCTUATION THIS ISNT SCHOOL elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Mojang is legally not allowed to release a program that could damage your computer. Therefore there are a few possibilities. One you installed a mod which contained a virus because you got it off no no legitimate or knock-off cite, in this case you should probally just reinstall minecraft and clear your jar file. Two you are using a hack/ bit-torrented client and you should either reinstall the acutal Mojang copy-write minecraft or uninstall your fake copy and go out and buy the real client from Mojang.

Please note that I am not trying to accuse you or anyone else of hacking or using a hacked and/or torrented client.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zurwickwashere
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

1 i dont have hacks 2 i dont use mods 3 mojang prob did install it 4 im saying somone virused mc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zurwickwashere
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

didnt*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spyperson
Beta
Beta

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:58 pm

2zacky was being very rational, and it is correct Mojang can not legally give you a virus directly. Calm down and try what he suggests, it may work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jackygames.com
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

FIrst of all, are u port fowarded? If yes then did u interact with anyone suspicious either from our server or anothe minecraft server? Zacky is right, Mojang cannot and would not legally placea virus so unless u pirated minecraft or used an illegimate account, minecraft isnt the reason unless ur ports are open. Idk how to check but if they are, someone probably cybergate RAT'ed you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enclave_

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 am

I know the virus you are talking about. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT send the 200 dollars. It is a fake virus sent out to lock you out of your PC, claiming to be the FBI. It asks for 200 dollars to be payed to unlock your computer. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong, it's fake. There is a way to get rid of it though! If you still have the problem I can help.

Back to top Go down
Enclave_Queen
Alpha
Alpha

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 am

The above was me lol, forgot to login.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VirtualNick
Admin
Admin

Location : I am an entity on the internet and have no material form.

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

OK, my turn.

As (some) of you know, I have an understanding of how viruses work.

I am quite familiar with scams such as "$200 threat" and "You has virus plz install this program". I hope you are not stupid enough to even go as far as clicking on them.

Regardless, what you have is a virus bound to an .exe, in this case Minecraft. Any virus that is bound to an .exe has devastating potential and has been associated with spyware and trojans, such as RATS and keyloggers. (As some of you know, I am quite familiar with these)

You got this from downloading an illegitimate Minecraft, not the one from Mojang. And if you really think that Mojang is attacking its patrons, you must have some sort of mental disorder, because Notch is currently richer than God.

SOLUTION: You passwords to EVERYTHING can be stolen at any given time.

You have two choice:

1. Reinstall operating system <----(Always best)

2. Be a cheap ass and go to www.avg.com and download free virus protection. Then run the scan.

Live and Learn, gentlemen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveandlearn.forumotion.com
Snyp3r_Vip3r
Epsilon
Epsilon

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am

Amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RackOlamb
Epsilon
Epsilon

Location : In the great new World order war of the minotaurs and elfs

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Nick u dont know nothin this is wut u rlly do if u get virus.1. Throw you comp at someone and say you broke my computer it cost 4k$ pay now and u get new cop.2. Take computer and install the glados operating system. Try to get the virus again. Makes portal 3 wait where was this going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?   

Back to top Go down

has anybody gotten a virus from minecraft?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1