Welcome to LiveAndLearn Forums!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
mafia kevin donator bitch rudy cats spyperson Steam nick player kevinmont dicks vote unban DRac44 Christian money elway Tanner thedj1114 server rackolamb moderator donate application grimey
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

A Proposal Once and For All

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VirtualNick
Admin
Admin

Location : I am an entity on the internet and have no material form.

PostSubject: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Hello forums,

I have taken both sides into account, and before I announce my decision in regard to player shops, I would like to take a second to explain both sides.

SIDE 1:
-Newbs are ranking up to fast to to selling blocks at high prices in player shops by people like ngbuilder.
-Default shops server to purpose with player shops as competition
-No reason to donate for vip shop if player can can vipshop prices at the player shops.
-Make shops only 1 layer, easier to police prices
-Raffle shops off to vips, more trustworthy to not abuse prices

SIDE 2:
-Free market capitalism
-Competition will drive prices down
-We didn't buy the shop for nothing
-Beta filter makes us lose business
-NON-vips incapable of abusing, don't ahve proper resources

Ladies and gentlemen, what we saw happen with the prices is a result of people like ng, those of us who are more...naive....and also have access to resources, aka Vip shop.

Here is my humble proposal:
-No more beta filter. All can enter Player Shops
-No stone in every mine, hence no more inflated stone price for members
-Non regulation on block price, but this will be fine, since competition will keep other block prices low. You ask, "Why didn't this work with stone then?" That's because, unlike other blocks, stone has been sold in the VIP shop for SIX TIMES ITS DEFAULT PRICE TO MEMBERS. This is due to the need for graduated stone prices at each rank so that higher ranks were not as inefficient. Comparitively, brick is sold for 1.5X its default price.
If I change mine generation to no longer generate 50% stone, the result will be as follows:
-More efficient mining
-Less price abuse

In the end, I think everyone is happy. I'm happy, cuz I dun have to please shet, the keeds are happy cuz they all can get leet items, and the shop owners are happy cuz they get all the bitches I MEAN KIDS.

Any complaints/praises, post down here:
|
|
V

~Nick

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveandlearn.forumotion.com
spyperson
Beta
Beta

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Tldr (kidding, I always comment on posts.)

I think this is an effective solution, but honestly I think cutting back stone wouldn't be very effective. No idea what you should do; so I'm on board with this plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jackygames.com
VirtualNick
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Regardless, stone was there in the first place to make anti-xray work. So removing it actually makes mining more efficient, and coincidentally, gives some sort of solution to the player shop problem.

Back to top Go down
spyperson
Beta
Beta

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Does this mean that stone will be COMPLETELY gone, like alpha just having brick and iron ore, or just cut the percent of stone back?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jackygames.com
VirtualNick
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Stone will be completely gone in all mines except for member, which is only stone. The percent that was stone will be replaced with the native block, aka brick/mossy/netherrack

Back to top Go down
EndlessKreeper
Gamma
Gamma

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm on board. Lets do this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm

First off, id like to apoligize for my outbreak, if youd call it that. I was stressed enough with 4 tests today and another 2 tomorrow and pissed off enough and i jsut snapped so id lie kto apologize to all for that.

Secondly, id liek to point out that, while that is a ideal and fair compramise, you point out that "Non regulation on block price, but this will be fine, since competition will keep other block prices low"

Christian skyped me over 10 times, explaining how he and Ng wanted to attract more buisness to their shop and thats the rasons the price shot up.

Ng raised his price to like 100, christian went to 110, Ng went to 120, christian went to 140, and so on.

Thats why im against certain policies that you proposed nick.

Regardless, we need to do SOME form of policing, we cant just have a COMPLETELY free market.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snyp3r_Vip3r
Epsilon
Epsilon

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:13 am

15mtsoi wrote:
First off, id like to apoligize for my outbreak, if youd call it that. I was stressed enough with 4 tests today and another 2 tomorrow and pissed off enough and i jsut snapped so id lie kto apologize to all for that.

Secondly, id liek to point out that, while that is a ideal and fair compramise, you point out that "Non regulation on block price, but this will be fine, since competition will keep other block prices low"

Christian skyped me over 10 times, explaining how he and Ng wanted to attract more buisness to their shop and thats the rasons the price shot up.

Ng raised his price to like 100, christian went to 110, Ng went to 120, christian went to 140, and so on.

Regardless, we need to do SOME form of policing, we cant just have a COMPLETELY free market.

Feel better My Wesley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am

Welcome to government. We are trying to establish a free market under an established one. In my opinion we should either regulate shops to only sell armor and tools. Because people who do not donate do not deserve the donater prices for blocks. I also feel the idea of removing stone from all mines (minus members) is a good idea to prevent the whole stone selling idea. All in all we should just eliminate the play market for supplies and promote the market for tools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RackOlamb
Epsilon
Epsilon

Location : In the great new World order war of the minotaurs and elfs

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 am

I like this plan no stone will actually help me a lot in Omega.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:43 pm

15mtsoi wrote:
First off, id like to apoligize for my outbreak, if youd call it that. I was stressed enough with 4 tests today and another 2 tomorrow and pissed off enough and i jsut snapped so id lie kto apologize to all for that. Just got back from karate and i feel better

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Proposal Once and For All   

Back to top Go down

A Proposal Once and For All
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1