Welcome to LiveAndLearn Forums!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
server DRac44 rudy bitch Steam kevin thedj1114 spyperson unban vote grimey cats mafia Christian donator moderator dicks nick player money application rackolamb elway donate kevinmont Tanner
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

*Insert title here*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Player

PostSubject: *Insert title here*   Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Lisa gently wipes the dripping sperm from her face and continues to brutally attack the peni- oh wait... wrong story. Oh yes. I remember now.

The player joins the server unaware of the new adventures he will find next. Because he randomly picked the server, he is not sure of the genre of server this one happens to be. He joins. He spawns in a bedrock room, in front of him are rules the player neglects to read. He does catch one thing, the word "prison". This is when his mind began to wonder and he returned back to the sign. It read, "LiveAndLearn Prison". A name, which he will not forget. He turns around and walks a little towards a mine. He looks at the mine for a little bit then looks to the right. There are three floating pickaxes. He tries to pick one up. He realizes it is a display. He then turns around and spots trees, perhaps he could craft a pickaxe with the wood. Before he steps out of the mine, he witnesses a player slaughtered by another one. He knows he must be cautious. Sprinting over to the Tree Farm, he sees another axe on display. He walks over to the nearest tree that was not occupied by another player. And punches it. This was a feeling that he knew so well, but inside this server... it felt different, a good different. It didn't feel like just punching wood, it felt... like punching wood. The entity drops and he steps over to pick it up. He builds a crafting table and crafts a wooden pickaxe. Then, he returns to the mine careful not to run into any players. In the mine, he mines his first stone. Like the tree, it feels different... a good different. The entity plops out like any other block would and he feels happy. After collecting a stack of cobblestone he asks, "What do I do with this cobblestone?". A friendly player replies with, "You sell it in the shop.". The player was getting ready to give thanks to the player who answered him, as he typed his words he saw something different. The player had a blue name and the word Owner before him. He was the Owner, VirtualNick.
After that, the player continued playing and met many new players and they became friends. He felt like the players were really friends with him and he loved that. He enjoyed the system of sell and rankup. He was determined to acquire the final rank, and He was almost there. Something stopped this goal. The server did not update. He played at 1.4.6 until he gave up and updated. The owner had always had lazyassitis.
That same player always looks on the forums everyday waiting for something to happen. Nothing changed. He looks on this server now. The forum posts are weeks and sometimes months apart, only loyal players ever post. They have lost a huge number of players in their player base, and most might never come back. Staff never posts updates and players are confused if the staff still plays Minecraft or if they're even alive. While the server was in the stage where know one joined, the staff moved on. But the loyal players refused to let go. Staff tried making an SMP server, which was a big mistake. LaLPrison should have been their top priority if they ever wished for it to become to what it once was. Then they realized what they had done, and finally went into the right direction, they were going to remodel it. Players were happy when the news came out and finally felt like they once did. Then the Staff hardly posted updates and everything was going back to the silent, dead server it was.
The player still awaits the day the server returns, because he still believes in the staff and players. He knows they will return bigger and better then before. Maybe it won't be the same. But no matter where he is, he is happy in LaL, because he will always have that "different" feeling when the punches that wood, or mines that stone block.
Back to top Go down
ethanbuczel
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: *Insert title here*   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:59 pm

i wonder the same thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
15mtsoi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *Insert title here*   Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:58 am

Country name: Saudi Arabia
Area: Ash Sharqiyah
City: Dhahran
latitude: 26.3032
longitude: 50.1353

tahts what i got when i traced this persons IP...

anyway yeah your point is very valid and im very much alive (Contuary to popular belief) and i have just finished designing alpha.

Im sure most of you know pressure from finals and my parents currently seem to think that im not asian enough and am now forced to study at least 5 hours a day. All server work has halted and my yakuza base remains baren, only filled with a giant dojo, yin yang symbols, and whatnot. If luck prevals, first screenies will be sigted wednesday, the 19th.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
2zacky
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: *Insert title here*   Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:24 am

I am alive right now... I think, but there was a time when I was dead or at least on the verge. It all happened not to long ago. As I sat down and asked the village elder "Why do wolves howl at the moon?"

"The wolf howls at the moon for companionship, my son to be joined under it with his brethren" he replied serenely, quoting this old village proverb.
I thanked him for his wisdom and left still pondering why those dogged howls would shred through the cold and brisk air of the night. I began to fall deeper and deeper into though and eventually became obsessed with the idea, Why would a wolf need companionship?. This thought lingered in my mind and became somehow habitual and trivial to me at the same time. Again I asked the elder on a crisp summer night "Why do wolves howl at the moon?"

"My, son," he replied sighing heavily "I have answered this for you many times, yet you still comeback with that same hungering look in your eyes. Why don't you act and see the result for yourself?"

Again I thanked him and left. The next nigh I heard those same dogged howls. Though this time I ran outside stared straight at the moon and inquired"Why? What unity do you bring? Why do they howl for you? What is your value?" I became more and more bitter night after nigh with those howling shrieks echoing through my skull. Why, why... the question that would always pop into my head and follow the tail of every last echo.

Then one night I ran far from my village to question the moon in private on the highest mountain peak. I climbed and climbed making the week long trek from my village to its summit to question the moon so it may hear my voice. After those seven days I had reached my destiation. I called out "Why? Tell me what is it you bring?" and I listened only to receive no response. Soon the silence was broken by another one of those blood curdling howls. That's when I lost it. I began to shout and chat "Why?" louder and louder until my voice had faded into nothing, but a silent wheezing whisper and I collapsed from exhaustion.

When I awoke the sky was back and seemingly still night though something was diffrent. The moon had vanished and the howls were unheard. I began to look around for a place to rest and it was then I noticed in a small alcove a wolf cub lieing down and trembling in fear. I went over to it and asked "Why? Why do you not howl for your brethren? Why aren't you howling at the moon?" The wolf cub simply shyed away. "Fine don't answer me," I said fed up as I continued to walk along looking for shelter. Though I noticed something this wolf cub was following me and he would not stop no matter how hard I tried to lose him. Eventually I gave up and asked "What is it you want from me." The wolf let out at slight yelp, attempting to howl. It was then I noticed a small light glimmering in the sky. Again the wolf cub let out a high pitched drone and soon the light became brighter. Suddenly the brisk air began to fill with noise as thousands of howls sounded off simultaneously creating a symphonic drone that was fierce yet soothing. The light then suddenly filled with lights. Some big, some small, some bright, others a mere dim glow. Though they all faded as soon as they had come and soon the sky was back to its black void.

Confused i bgan to look around and I noticed the wolf cub. He was nudging my leg as if he was egging me on trying to prompt a response. I froze and looked around as one by one wolves of seemingly spectral forms began to encircle me. They moved swiftly as if the were dancing or celebrating some sort of event. I felt an overpowering instinct as if some beast within me needed to be released. In that moment I started straight into the sky and let out a howl. The wolves around joined in and I heard the symphony. The sound pierced my ears and caress my mind, soothing me as the ringing lasted evermore.

It was in that moment I felt peace and realization. The sky flooded with lights as I continued to howl one after another in unison with my wolven brethren. The sky full of lights then erupted even brighter as the moon unveiled itself. All of those little lights coming together amassing the moon, this giant ball of mystical light. Suddenly the howls began to fade as I was left alone on that summit with no one, but the stars and the moon.

I looked down from the sky and noticed I was still where I was before. it was then when I heard that same high pitched howl and I looked down further. The wolf cub was standing there and let out one more howl before swiftly running away fading into the distance. I looked around the world seemed real. After that night I made the same trek back to my village.

When I arrived I said nothing, until another day when I confronted the village elder "Why do wolves howl at the moon?" the village elder inquired of me.

I stared blankly at him and responded "For companionship. They howl because they want to be with their brethren and they share one thing in common they all are under the moon. They comfort each other by howling reminding themselves that they are not the only one, the only light in the world."

The village elder then stared at me silently as I left the hut. That very night I heard the symphony and joined in calling to my brethren to come home and join with me to create a moon so big and bright that there would be no night and only a shiny day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have missed my time on LaL and I have just started summer break today. I will be able help more on the server now and hopefully get it back up a lot faster. Thank you to all of you that have stayed loyal even through this rough patch. I cannot wait till we get back to the days when all of us are on the server mining, tree punching, and howling under the same moon as one light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ethanbuczel
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: *Insert title here*   Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:29 am

what I think is LaL coming back on a summer is the best thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Player

PostSubject: Re: *Insert title here*   Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 pm

You will never find out my real IP.